Sunday, November 7, 2021

DIWALI

Diwali💥, the festival of lights😁😁😁is celebrated all over India by lighting lots of lots of diyas and candles. It is the festival of renovating our lives. Its the 5 days celebration. They are Dhanteras, Naraka Chaturdashi, Diwali, Balipadyami and finally Bhai bij :)
I decored my balcony hanging ''Goodu Deepa''(lanterns). That's widely practised in coastal Karnataka. And specially on diwali, Goodu deepa competitions will be held in most of the temples :) These are unique to this region, but certainly brings out the local touch and make the festival even more vibrant. Olden days, people used to set lanterns afloat high, a gesture to invite the spirits of their ancestors moving around to come back home and be with them during the festival time. Hence its also called as Akasha deepa (lantern of the sky)Isn't that sounds great :)
So coming back with my post, have a quick look at my clicks taken on Diwali :)
Complete view of my balcony
 

I decorated my house entrance with small clay oil lamps indicating the victory of good over evil, purity over impurity, light over darkness💪💪😊😊😊

Beautiful and Attractive Rangoli by my junior 'S' 👧💓
Now these are one of my special and precious collections of diyas made by"Autistic Children"💓Those special souls inspires all of us and I salute to the family for their continuous amazing support🙏

Herez comes my ''DIWALI PLATTER'' I prepared Kheer, Rava Jamuns, Kala Jamuns, Sweet brown Poha(thats must delight to be prepared on diwali for us) Nankatai, Balushahi, White Murukku :) Jilebi and rest of the namkeens are banana chips, potato chips, and tapioca chips😊 Those were store brought .
Our simple food on Diwali festival💥💥💥
Last but not the least, ended up my beautiful day meeting all my apt friends and rest of the people with a warm wishes. Had a fun time playing Housie housie game with all & at the same time it was a great to experience the joy of watching cute kids having fun bursting their crackers all together😍😍😍
Thank you!!!

0 comments: