Thursday, December 17, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
A closer snap.
In a bowl, add the rice flour, soda pd, salt with adequate amount of water. The consistency must be thin. Dip each balls into rice flour mixture and deep fry till its crispy. (No need to make them brown)
Place them on tissue papper and serve hot.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
I would like to pass on to
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
1 lb Minced Chicken.
1 Cup Fresh Basil.2 Chopped Onions.
10 Pods of Garlic.
1 Long Sliced Capsicum.
3 Slit Green Chillies.
2 Kaffir lime leaves.
1 tsp Black Soy Sause.
2 tbsp Fish Sause.
1 tbps Oil.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Clean and drain only the basil leaves. Discard stem.
Heat oil in a wide pan. Add the garlic, followed by the chopped onion, sliced capsicum with a pinch of salt. Make sure dont over cook as it must be a bit crispy. Later add the minced chicken, green chilli and stir fry for few mintues until the colour of the chicken changes. Close with a lid and allow it to cook.
When the chicken is cooked, add kaffir leaves, soy sause and fish sause and saute so that the mixture is fully covered with sauses. When its done add the chopped basil and stir fry for another few min until the basil is wilted. Sprinkle with a dash of pepper and serve hot.
November 5 was a special day I enjoyed to my fullest. First thing - my parents had a visit to my place and had a nice joyful time having my mom's homemade prepared goodies. It was awesome. Secondly I met one of my fav blogger pal ''APARNA OF APSKITCHEN''. She came to mangalore for a vacation. Instead we are orkut friends tooo. So through scrapping and conversation finally decided to meet. I was so excited when I invited her to my home. Had a wonderful time. Also we had been for shopping and ended our day going to Mangalore's best 'Ideal icecream' parlour. I must say she was soo cute and beautiful on her looks, her talking were soo interesting that I dont know how our time flewed. It was too good to meet her that I just cannot express how sweet and memorable those moments are :).
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
1 Cup Veggies ( I used onions, red and green bellpeppers, mushrooms, shredded cabbage)
1 tsp Butter.
Ranch, Chilli sause and Mustard sause as per taste.
Salt and Pepper to taste.
Sour cream (optional)
Prepare the chappaties or tortillas. Keep it aside.
In a pan, add butter and all the veggies with salt and pepper and saute for a while till its half cooked. Allow the mixture to cool.
To one chappathi, place some filling , then pickles followed by the Ranch , Chilli sause and Mustard sause as per taste and wrap it up from both sides.
Garnish with sour cream or with ur favourites.
Monday, October 26, 2009
''PRASU'' has given me ''360 FOODIE AWARD'' , ''BEST BLOG DART THINKER'' , ''PRESENTATION AWARD'' , AND ''I LOVE READING YOUR BLOG AWARD'' . Thanks dear for the precious awards. I am honoured to get from you.
Also ''OVER THE TOP AWARD''. Woo you have showered me with lots of awards dear. Thanks again :). This award goes with a fun meme, which has to be passed on to 6 of your favourite blogs and which has to be answered with only one word.Here is the meme part:
1. Where is your cell phone: I dont have cell phone :(
2. Your hair: Black.
3. Your mother: Manju v shenoy.
4. Your father: Vasudeva shenoy.
5. Your favorite food: Patravodo.
6. Your dream last night: None.
7. Your favorite drink: All fruit juice.
8. Your dream/goal: There are lots.
9. What room are you in: My Bedroom room.
10. Your hobby: Mainly playing with smera.
11. Your fear: Missing my loved once.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years: God knows.
13. Where were you last night: Home.
14. Something you aren’t: Bold.
15. Muffins: Good.
16. Wish list item: Its a secret.
17. Where did you grow up: Chennai.
18. Last thing you did: Writing a post on Blog
19. What are you wearing: Nighty.
20. Your TV: ON
21. Your pets: No
22. Your friends: There are lots.
23. Your life: My family.
24. Your mood: It depends.
25. Missing someone: Yes.
26. Vehicle: Dont have my own :(
27. Something you’re not wearing: Mini skirts :)
28. Your favorite store: Kohls.
29. Your favorite color: Black.
30. When was the last time you laughed: My daughter makes me laugh any time. Just few min b4.
31. Last time you cried: ( Funny question ).
32. Your best friend: Mom.
33. One place that I go over and over: Gokarnath temple.
34. One person who emails me regularly: None.
35. Favorite place to eat: Any place with my loved once.
Congratulation gals :)
Monday, October 19, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
I would like to pass on to
''CHAM'' , ''HAPPY COOK'' , ''VRINDA'' , ''MEESO'' , ''NANDITHA PRABHU'' , ''BHARATHY'' , ''CYNTHIA'' , ''APARNA'' , ''UJWAL'' , ''JAISHREE'' , ''LAVANYA''.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix rest all the above ingredients.
Marinate with masala both inside and outside of the fish and allow to rest for half an hour.
Bake it in an pre heated oven for 15 to 20 min or till its done. Fish should flake easily with a fork when its done.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
The rules :
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share the ABCs of you.
4. Tag 4 people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let the 4 tagged people know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Do not tag the same person repeatedly but try to tag different people, so that there is a big network of bloggers doing this tag.
1. A – Available/Single? Married :)
2. B – Best friend? Mom, Rajesh(hubby) & school mates.
3. C – Cake or Pie? Cake
4. D – Drink of choice? All fruit juice.
5. E – Essential item you use every day? My Laptop.
6. F – Favorite color? Blue.
7.G–Gummy Bears Or Worms? Gummy bears.
8. H – Hometown? Kerala.
9. I – Indulgence? Malaysian foods.
10. J – January or February? Both because Jan is my hubbies b day and Feb my daughter's b day.
11. K – Kids & their names? One and only 'SMERA'
12. L – Life is incomplete without? The people whome I love the most.
13. M – Marriage date? May 18th
14. N – Number of siblings? One elder caring brother 'Sujeeth'
15. O – Oranges or Apples? Like both.
16. P – Phobias/Fears? Travelling alone.
17. Q – Quote for today? Think first and speak afterwards.
18. R – Reason to smile? My cutie 'Smera'.
19. S – Season? Spring
20. T – Tag 3 People? Scroll down to have a look.
21. U – Unknown fact about me? Advising me for no reason makes me sick.
22. V – Vegetable you don't like? I like all.
23. W – Worst habit? Very tough to accept my own mistake.
24. X – X-rays you've had? Nothing so far.
25. Y – Your favorite food? Patravodo, all chicken and fish starters.
26. Z – Zodiac sign? Aries.
I'm supposed to tag 4 more.. Please leave a message in the comment box, those you are willing to take up the tag or else the first 4 buddies who leave comments here are tagged ;).
Dear friend ''APARNA'' AND ''UJWAL'' has presented me ''HONEST SCRAP AWARD'' Thanks a lot for the sweet justure dear's.
I must thank the person who gave me the award and list their blog and link it.
I must list 10 honest things about myselfI must put a copy of The Honest Scrap Logo on my blog.
I must select at least 7 other worthy bloggers & list their links
I must notify the bloggers of the award and hopefully they will follow the above three requirements also.
Let me start with my 10 honest things.
1. My hubby and my little one is my world to me. Cannot think of my life without them.
2. I like to be fit and healthy till the end of my life so that I could eat anything what I want. :)
3. I hate the people those who don't take care of kids or those who discriminate them.
4. I feel great when somone appreciates me on my work.
5. Waiting for the day for the reunion with my school freinds.
6. Love cooking with my hubby.
7. I seriously dont like getting up early in the morning and making breakfast. I am lazy guys and I know many of you are also there :)
8. I love to be alone in solitude.
9. I admire nature and great singers.
10. Last but no the least I want my little gal 'SMERA' to become a good person with all good qualities.
Now its time to tag and I am gonna tag,
'HAPPY COOK' , 'PARITA' , 'CHAM' , 'MADHAVI' , 'NANDITHA PRABHU' , 'PURVA' ,
I would like to thank 'AMMU' for passing me awards of ''YUM YUM BLOG AWARD'' , ''A GIANT BEAR HUG AWARD'' AND ''360 FOODIE AWARD''. Thank you soo much for keeping my day very special.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
1" Piece Ginger.
Friday, September 4, 2009
2 Nendrapazham.(Ripe Plantains)
1/2 cup Channa dal.
1 cup Grated coconut.
4 cubes Grated jaggery.
1 Red chilly.
1 tsp turmeric powder.
1 tbsp Coconut Oil.
1 tsp Mustard seeds.
1/2 tsp Jeera.
1/2 tsp rice flour.
1 Sprig Curry leaves.
Salt to taste.
Cook channa dal with little turmeric in pressure cooker. Make sure it does not become soo mushy.
Grind coconut, rice flour and red chilli together smoothly with water. Adding of rice flour would tighten the gravy. Keep the mixture aside.
Cut the banana into small piece and cook them along with jaggery and cashews. Once banana are cooked, add salt and the channa dal mixture. Bring them to boil.
At this stage add the grinded coconut mixture and stir for a min under medium flame. Remove from flame or else it will curdle.
In another pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds, jeera,and curry leaves and add to the dish.
Friday, August 21, 2009
And here are some of the 'Tags' I received:
1. What is your current obsession?
Ofcourse its Blogging.
2. What are you wearing today?
Wearing Maroon chudidhar.
3. What’s for dinner?
Rontos and Tooy(Konkani item)
4. What’s the last thing you bought?
I bought 'RED FROCK' for my cute smera.
5. What are you listening to right now?
I can only hear my naughty gal voice.
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
She is so talented and very lovly sweet person.
7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world ,where would you like it to be?
Any place where my hubby take me.
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Hat and Sunglasses for style.
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
I would love to visit 'Manali' and 'Mauritius'.
10. Which language do you want to learn?
Specially Kannada so that I could help my daughter in that subject.
11. What’s your favourite quote?
If you judge people, you have no time to love them - Mother teresa.
12. Who do you want to meet right now?
13. What is your favourite colour?
Black, Pink and Blue
14. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
All my dress are favourite to me.
15. What is your dream job?
16. What’s your favourite magazine?
Women's era and Fairy tales.
17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
I would buy somthing for my kiddo and also some home decor stuffs and finally have a wonderful dinner in my fav restaurent.
18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Wearing stylish tops with jeans.
19. Who are your style icons?
20. Describe your personal style.?
I am a sensitive and simple person who likes to live my life as I want.
21. What are you going to do after this?
After writing this, i am gonna post it. hahahaha
22. What are your favourite movies?
Nandanam, Chak de India, Bhagban.
24. What are three cosmetic/makeup/perfume products that you can't live without?
My face cream, eye liner and rarely perfume (not that much must)
23. What inspires you?
Beauty of nature.
24. Give us three styling tips that always work for you:
Simple dressing, matching jewellry and decent hairstyle.
25. What do you do when you “have nothing to wear” (even though your closet’s packed)?
Will tell my hubby for shopping :)
26. Coffee or tea?
Just one time coffee in evening.
27. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
I sit alone outside for a while.
28. What is the meaning of your name?
Suma meaning Flower.
29. Which other blogs you love visiting?
I love all the blogs.
30. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
Caramel custard and Fruit salad. (still there are lots)
I am adding one more:
31. Favourite Ornaments.
One an only ''Earrings''.
**The rules are: Respond and rework – answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, and add one more question of your own. Then tag eight or ten other people.
I am passing the awards and also I am gonna tag,
BHARATHY, JAISHREE , USHA , PRITI , APARNA , VALARMATHI , MEESO , POORNIMA NAIR.
Congratulation gals and enjoy!!.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Krishna Jayanthi or Janmahstami is considered as a birthday of my favourite god Lord Krishna. It is celebrated with lot of zeal and joy. It is held in the month of Chingam ie in the month of august or september. We started our day visiting krishna temple and ended up having delicious treats. We celebrated the auspicious occasion with these recipes.
2. Kheer. For recipe click here. ( sorry guys, i forgot to take snap of kheer)
1 tsp Sugar.
Pinch of turmeric powder.
Pinch of Soda powder.
Pinch of Salt.
Oil for deep frying.
Cut the banana into thin medium slices. Keep it aside.