Monday, October 5, 2009

BAKED TILAPIA

Having fish fry with lunch or dinner is a comfort meal for me. Its the fabulous snack that I can have at any time. There are couple of varieties of preparation, but I like to try with one simple normal masala frequently. The fish I have used is Tilapia but its equally good with Pomfret and shrimps also.


INGREDIENTS

1 Tilapia fish.

3 tsp Chilli powder.

1 tsp Turmeric powder.

1/2 tsp Hing.

1 tsp Crushed pepper.

2 tbsp Coconut oil.

2 tbsp Lemon juice.

Salt to taste.

METHOD.

Clean the fish and score it by making cuts an inch or more. Wash and pat it dry with tissue.

Season fish with salt and lemon juice and allow to rest for 5 min.


Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix rest all the above ingredients.


Marinate with masala both inside and outside of the fish and allow to rest for half an hour.


Bake it in an pre heated oven for 15 to 20 min or till its done. Fish should flake easily with a fork when its done.


Enjoy!!

19 comments:

Finla said...

Wish i really could grab that fish from my screen.

Unknown said...

looks tempting & delicious....nice step by step presentation...

Vrinda said...

Looks lovely with my fav fish...nicely presented...

Anonymous said...

Hi Suma,
Nice looking fish. In India also you get Tilapia fish??? What is it called locally? Thanks for sharing.

Dori said...

Tilapia is a great fish, recipe looks awesome!

Cham said...

I feel like having ur fish now!

Recipeswap said...

Lovely fish.

Anonymous said...

I'm back after a long break.tnx for the comments dear...
Fish fry is my fav. too.adding hing is new to me...must try out...
tnx for the recipe.

Sum Raj said...

thanks all...glad that u all liked it..

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Lovely fish fry, looks yummy.

vj said...

Could you mention at what temp did you bake the fish? looks scrumptious...

Shwetha said...

A new take on tilapia. Sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing!

Suganya said...

Very tempting fish. Looks so good. YUM!.

Unknown said...

That sounds simple and healthy being baked!

Priya Suresh said...

Such a tempting baked fish, looks delicious!

prasu said...

dear.........I would like to share an award with you...pls. collect it from my blog.

prasu said...

http://sumascuisine.blogspot.com/

Kanimozhi said...

Nice recipe

Cynthia said...

That looks mighty good.