Friday, April 10, 2009

COCONUT PEANUT COOKIE

I am very fond of cookies specially nankatai. I tired many times to make nankatai, but dont know why it was not at all perfect like that of my mom used to make it. My mom says due to difference in fat it might not be perfect. She was using dalda and I first tried with ghee and secondly with butter but alas, I was not getting that proper shape. It used to flatten like a mini pancakes but nothing difference in taste. It was the same. So I was on cookie hunt, when I came across tempting, attracted and incredible cookies on ''ROOPA'S BLOG'' . It was very easy, came together rather quickly and tasted superb. I was sooo happy when I saw my cookies came out perfect just like her and was delicious indeed. The unique ingredient was the addition of grated coconut that I liked the most and also nice to have crushed peanuts in each and every bite.


INGREDIENTS

1 Cup Maida.

1/2 Cup Grated Coconut.

1/2 Cup Unsalted butter (at room temperature).

1/2 Cup Sugar.

1/2 Cup Roasted Crushed Peanuts. (unsalted)

Pinch of Vanilla essense.

Kismish for garnish.


METHOD

Preheat oven at 350 degree F.

In a mixing bowl mix butter and sugar well. Add maida and crushed peanuts with a pinch of vanilla essence. Chill the mixture for 15 min. This makes the dough a bit tight and easy to spread on the baking sheet. Make a small balls and press them slighly with your palm and place them on baking sheet.

Bake them in the preheated oven for 12-13 minutes or until the bottom of the cookie becomes light brown. Remove from the oven and place them on a cooling rack. These cookies becomes crunchy when they are cooled. Garnish with kismish to make more inviting.


I would like to contribute this recipe ''EFM- COOKIES SERIES'' HOSTED BY SRILEKHA.




Enjoy!!

26 comments:

Jaishree Iyer said...

WoW! Lovely cookies.. Looks crunchy & yum suma:)Inviting Pic.. Nice click.Send me some cookies...

Cham said...

Good one Suma with coconut!

Dori said...

Mmmmm, looks so tasty :)

Deepthi Shankar said...

I love it too .. delicious

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

Coconut cookie wow reminds me of school days we used to get coconut cookie on the way home from school... looks yummy...

Chutneytales said...

Wonderful cookie recipe,Suma.Never tried making cookies using coconut.Looks very yummy and i could sense that it tastes YUMMMMmmm..

Uma said...

I love coconut cookies! Looks so mouth-watering Suma!

Trupti said...

coconut & pb what a combination Suma. Cookies looks delicious

Sum Raj said...

thanks all...

Unknown said...

love the addition of peanuts and coconut..good one...

gtyuk said...

Mmmm, that must be muchy, chewy and crunchy with the coco and the peanuts, nice biscuits!

Dhanya Ganesh said...

Hey Suma,
First time here.Cookies looks yummy .You have an awesome space here.

Anonymous said...

Cute cookies there !! loved them..

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

yummy cookies... like the combo. looks tempting suma.

chef and her kitchen said...

lovely cookies with cooconut..

vandana rajesh said...

The cookies look so crunchy and tasty suma, I can well imagine the taste with coconut.

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow crunchy and yummy.

A_and_N said...

Lovely flavor combination...coconut+peanuts=delish :)

Saritha said...

Happy vishu

notyet100 said...

cookies look so yum suma,..

Raks said...

I love coconut in cookies,never tried baking though! Looks too good Suma!

Priya Suresh said...

Wow love both peanuts and coconut in cookies...looks too prefect Suma:)

Pavithra Elangovan said...

Looks so delicious, nice combination cookies...Good blog ..First time here will visit regularly

sathya said...

Love the cookies....me too tried many times but turned out chewy :(.
Love your version of adding coconut and peanuts.

Gita Jaishankar said...

Looks delicious Suma, adding coconut and peanuts to cookies sounds very interesting!

Pooja said...

Coconut cookies are new to me..looking yumm suma..