Tuesday, November 18, 2008

SPICY MINI PRAWNS FRY

This is the fabulous dish thats just perfect as an appetizers or a snack. I adopted this recipe from one of my hubbies friend 'ANIL'. Hez expert in cooking specially preparing non veg items. We offen have a gettogether on weekends at our home or their home. So his recipe will be there for sure :). He prepares the recipe with raw medium prawns or shrimps. But I taught of giving a try on mini cooked prawns which also tasted delicious. The real flavour comes when its cooked and fryed in Coconut oil.



INGREDIENTS.

1 LB Cooked mini prawns.

1 1/2 Cup Chopped Shallots.

2 tbsp Chilli Powder.

1 tsp Turmeric Powder.

1 tsp Hing.

2 tbsp Lemon juice.

1 tsp Grounded Pepper.

Few Curry leaves.

3 tbs Coconut oil.

Salt to taste.

METHOD.

Marinate prawns with chilli pd, turmeric pd, hing, lemon juice, pepper and salt. Let it sit for half an hour.

In a kadai, add 3 tbs of oil and fry the shallots. Once its half cooked add the curry leaf and marinated prawns. Mix well under low flame to uniformly incorporate everything.


Fry nearly for 15 to 20 min till they are slighty crispy. At the time of removing from flame, drizzle extra coconut oil on the top.

Serve hot.



AWARDS.

MALAR has given me ''360 FOODIE AWARD''. Thanks again for this award malar.

SUDESHANA has given me ''PERFECT BLEND OF FRIENDSHIP AWARD'' , ''KREATIV BLOGGER'' , ''GREAT BUDDY AWARD'' , ''I'M A CHOCOHOLIC'' , ''BUTTERFLY AWARD'' , ''GOOD JOB''. Thanks so much dear. Its indeed a huge award for me. Thanks again.

VIDHAS has given me ''360 FOODIE AWARD'' , ''KREATIV BLOGGER''. Thanks vidhas.

Enjoy!!

22 comments:

Sujatha said...

Looks awesome, Suma! I am drooling here with those yummy looking prawns and that nice spicy color.. Hmm, yummy.. :)

Finla said...

Oh i love this prawn curry, it looks just like the one which my mom makes at home.
Drol drool.

Cham said...

Oh i love prawns. But the cooked one didn't turn chewy? Somehow i prefer the raw shrimp and cook Indian way. Make me drool Suma!

Unknown said...

Am just drooling seeing those tiny prawns.

ranji said...

WOW!!thats a lot of prawns :)....sure looks tempting...i like prawns more than shrimp....havent seen any prawns in this area:(...good recipe suma :)

Gita Jaishankar said...

Hi, thanks for the comment. This prawn fry reminds me of the one grandmother cooks. She also prepares with small prawn only. The picture looks very tasty. I have added your blog to my list to keep in touch. Cheers :)
Gita

CurryLeaf said...

I will try the same masala with some veggies.Congrats on your awards,you deserve it

Cynthia said...

I'm drooling here Suma. We cook this usually to eat with dhal and rice and pickle.

raaji said...

ooooo...love those tiny prawns which i used to have a lot.....miss them....u make me hungry..

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Wow that looks great. Looks tempting. Congrats on your awards.

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow tempting and alluring prwans fry.

Unknown said...

Suma, this is not fair trying to tempt me with those super delicious looking prawns :((( ....where did you find those in US?

Ramya Vijaykumar said...

obviously this is a fabulous dish I am drooling all over now...

Andhra Flavors said...

hey this prawn fry is very delicious. I prepared this for my sons b'day party.
Collect your award from my blog.

Vibaas said...

Hi Suma, I have something for you here - http://vibaas-world.blogspot.com/2008/11/wow-is-all-i-can-say.html

Indian Khana said...

Looks just yum..but they are more like shirmp..isn't it? Gud one dear

Dewi said...

Hi Suma,
It's my first time here, but definitely not going to be my last one. Hmm.. we actually neighbor eh? not literally, I live close by your cupertino.

Your dish sounded really delicious, my husband dislike shrimps/prawns, maybe I can substitute this with something else. I myself really like shrimps/prawns, so maybe I just make this for myself....
Cheers,
elra

Recipeswap said...

Beautiful dish.......love shrimps.

Purva Desai said...

Prawn fry looks interesting and inviting....thanks for sharing

Srikitchen said...

simply delicious and yum
join in the sweet event going in my blog!

Unknown said...

Yummy! great combo with hot rice or roti :) drooling!!

congrats on all the awards :)

Yasmeen said...

Spicy mini prawns curry,I'm getting hungry:)