Saturday, September 4, 2021

Leftover Rice KA Soft Idlies

Yeah you heard it right 😃Idlies made of leftover cooked rice. I had some leftover rice which was prepared during my Onam Sadya :) It was great celebrating with our dear friends. Sharing our Sadya pic as well. I forgot to keep one extra payasam 😕orelse it would have been a perfect pic.
Now that I had extra rice I taught of utilising making Idlies and that was my first try. Usually I end up making Tomato rice or Lemon rice or Carrot rice and the list goes on an on😜
These Idlies came out super soft and Tasted delicious with 'Sweet Potato Spicy Umman'. The best part in this recipe is it does not need fermentation. The addition of ENO SALT works well. Now lets dig into the recipe.

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 Cup Cooked Rice
1 Cup Roasted Rava
1 Cup Yogurt
1 1/4 Cup Water
Salt to taste
1 Small pack Eno

METHOD
Blend rice with water and make it into a smooth paste. Transfer them into a bowl. Now add rest of the ingredients one by one. Mix well and let it sit for about half an hour. After that add a bit water if necessary as the rava absorb the water content. Now pour the batter into the greased Idli mould and steam for about 10 to 12 min under low flame. Enjoy hot hot with ur fav dip 😁
ENJOY!!

0 comments: