Thursday, November 10, 2016

LONG BEANS WITH PEANUT THORAN

I simply love any types of veggies when its made into thoran. Sidly I make sure I keep my veggie a slight crunch too. Here I have presented long beans with steamed peanuts thoran which looks like a very good combi and sure it is :) The grounded coconut masala brings up the true flavours and of course the coconut oil when I used tastes and smells osm.
Here I have removed the shells of the peanuts and steamed nearly for about 10 min in a steamer with a pinch of salt. This addition also makes my thoran much more healthier. Do try this for sure :)

INGREDIENTS

500 grams of cutted Long beans

Handful of whole steamed peanuts

2 tsp Mustrad seeds.

1 tbsp Urad dal

3 4 Methi seeds

1 tbsp Coconut oil

Salt to taste

INGREDIENTS FOR COCONUT MIXTURE

1/4 Cup Coconut grated

2 tsp Red chilly pd

1 tsp Yellow pd

METHOD

Heat oil in a kadai. Season it with mustard seeds, urad dal and methi seeds. Fry till the dal turns slight brown. Add in the long beans, salt and sprinkle with some water and cover with a lid to cook alteast for 10 min. Meanwhile mix the ingredients given under coconut mixture. Once the long beans gets cooked, add the steamed peanuts and the coconut mixture. Stir them well.
Serve them hot as a sidedish.

Enjoy!!

0 comments: