Thursday, February 16, 2017

CHATPATTA QUAIL EGGS FRITTERS

I have become a big fan of quail eggs but sad that I don't get those at Mangalore :( . But whenever I visit Kerala I make sure I get them without fail. So this time I try ed out something special. That's the egg fritters which not only looks dam cute but so tasty as well. Its is a great combo with a cup of tea or coffee as an refreshing evening snack. It also makes a good addition for a party menu.

INGREDIENTS FOR MARINATING EGGS

10 Boiled Quail eggs

Salt and Pepper to taste.

INGREDIENTS FOR BATTER.

1/2 Cup Besan

2 tsp Rice flour.

2 tsp Ginger garlic paste

1 tsp Jeera pd

1 tsp Red chilly pd

1/2 tsp Ajwain.

Pinch of Soda

Pinch of Hing

Salt to taste.

Water as needed.

Oil for deep fry.

GARNISH

Chaat Masala.

METHOD

Marinate eggs with salt and pepper and keep it side for atleast 15 min.

In a bowl, Mix all the ingredients mentioned under batter except oil. The consistency of water should be thick so that the eggs are well coated.

Heat oil in a kadai. Dip the marinated eggs in the batter and deep fry them carefully till slight brown.

Sprinkle with chaat masala on top and serve hot.

Enjoy!!

0 comments: